Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Kanye West on men.style.com

Okay, so on my daily visit to men.style.com,
I came across something that made my eyes POP.
My style/inspiration icon, Kanye West's 10 Essentials.
The 10 Essentials is a ongoing thing for men.style.com,
featuring different celebrities, but finally, YEEZY.

So, this was his list. . .
1. Heather-Gray Balmain T-Shirt
-I love the heather gray t-shirt style. But, unfortunately I can't afford Balmain, so I settle for my American Apparel one, which I wear religiously. I agree with Kanye about it being a good addition to any outfit.

2. Black Air Yeezy
-Of course Kanye would feature these shoes, since he designed them (but where are his LV's?). But, I HATE these shoes. They are hideous, burning to my eyes, actually. I don't understand everyone's fascination with these tearjerking eyesores, but whatever. To each their own.

3. Dark Brown RRL Jeans in Slim Boot Cut
-Ehh, I have seen better jeans before. I don't like boot cut, because I feel uncomfortable without skinnies=/. Lmfao. And, the color is kind of not attractive, but I guess they are very "utilizing" as Kanye claims.

4. iPod Nano, iPhone, Macbook Air w/ Aircard
-An iPod of ANY kind is necessary. But my choice is an iPod touch, but if Kanye chooses a nano, that's his choice. I just wonder how a music-lover such as himself fits all that onto a nano. iPhone's are amazing, but I can't picture myself with one. And, being the only MacBook without a webcam, I would never recommend a MacBook Air, even though it does weigh like 0.5 an ounce.

5. Vintage Levi's Jean Jacket
-Any fashion-lover knows that jean jackets (or jean anything for that matter) is this year's comeback trend. They have been popping up on runways and resort collections everywhere. I had one, that I eagerly gave away 2 years ago (for thoughts of its never-returning trendiness), that I wish I had now. However, I am looking for a nice thrifted one EVERYWHERE.

6. Blacked-Out Rolex Submariner
-This watch is pretty dope, and expensive, haha. I am a fan of Rolex's, but because I am not Kanye West, I will stick to investing into a white G-shox. Haha.

7. Calvin Klein Boxer Briefs
-I LOVE Calvin Klein Underwear (he has an individual brand for underwear for you know-nothings). The cotton is so soft, I have like 2 v-necks and 2 boxers from there, because designer underwear is not the first thing I am trying to buy to live high-fashion. And, I wear boxer breifs quite frequently. But I switch between breifs and regular boxers interchangeably.

8. Lanvin Seersucker Dinner Jacket
-Ummm? This dinner jacket is not ugly. But nowhere near an "essential" item. It is quite unattractive in my opinion. But, maybe I don't see it's potential for an outfit. It might actually work quite well as the finishing touch to a whole ensemble, who knows?


9. Louis Vuttion Monogramouflage Keepall
-Another "DUH" item for Kanye West. As I was approaching the end of the list, I was wondering where I would see a LV item. Because any Kanye fan knows of his undying love for Louis Vuitton (he interned there, and made a shoe collection for LV for Christ's sake). I actually like this bag. The camoflauge look is sooooooo UN-high-fashion that it just SCREAMS high-fashion. I also agree that it just looks cool, a 5 year old would want that. This is definitely a standout for LV.

10. Retro Super Future Flat-Top Sunglasses
-What to say about these babies? YES. Wayfarers are the most popular glasses for any man OR woman this summer, and the one of the trend's forefathers was Kanye West. Although most wayfarers look the same, soemthing about these scream uniqueness. I love them. Marry me?

Link to this page: http://men.style.com/fashion/10_essentials/060309

No comments: