Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kanye West.

Graduation has always been one of my favorite albums, like EVER. But lately, I've been listening to it constantly. I have always known all the lyrics to every song, but never really listened to them & understood them. This past week, I have been listening to it with very open ears, & the whole CD is very inspiring to me, & takes a definite stance on his place in the world. One song that has particulary inspired me has been Everything I Am. The lyrics: 'everything I'm not made me everything I am.' has never meant so much to me. Everything I have dodged & avoided in my life has led me to be the person I am today. Also the lyrics: 'people talk so much shit in the barbershop that they forget to get their haircut.' also mean a lot to me. I do know a lot of people who focus on gossip way too much, and it occupies their entire life. Thank you to my dear Kanye West for this wonderfully inspiring album.

No comments: